How to Make Crystal Jewellery
Do you want to make your own crystal jewellery? This blog post is going to teach you how to make crystal jewellery. Crystal jewellery is a type of jewellery that has gemstones which are made from crystals, and can be very luxurious.
A lot of people want to know how they can create this type of fashionable accessory for themselves or their loved ones. Follow along with these steps and you will soon have your own crystal bracelets Singapore!
Step by step guide to Making Crystal Jewellery
1) What tools you need before making crystal jewellery
- You will need:
- Wire cutters,
- Round nose pliers and
- Snips for cutting wires.
These tools are available at any hardware store if you don’t already have them in your home crafts kit. Make sure not to use metal scissors because the metal will react with the crystal and cause it to break.
2) Next, you need a piece of wire for your bracelet or necklace so that it has structure when we make our crystals into jewellery. Measure how much wire is needed based on how big you want your crystals to be in relation to the size of your wrist (if you want a bracelet) or how long you want the chain to be (if you’re making necklace).
3) Next, twist your wire into one loop so that it is easier to work with and then cut off any excess. This will make your bead-making process go by faster than if you had lots of loose bits on each end of your wire.
4) Next, you need to make your crystals which are going into the crystal jewellery piece that you’re making. To do this, measure how much stringing material or wire is needed based on how big of a crystal bead you want (again thinking about how long it will be in relation to the size of your wrist if you’re making a bracelet). Then, cut the stringing material or wire to size.
5) The next step is how many crystals you need for your crystal jewellery piece and how big of one (again, considering how long they will be in relation to how big of a crystal bead that you want). For example: if I wanted small crystal beads for a bracelet then I would need at least 20 crystals.
Then, how many crystal shapes do you want? For example, if you wanted to have two different sized crystal sizes on one piece of jewellery then it might be best to make sure that the smaller ones are about half the size of your bigger one (for this example we would use 20 for the smaller crystal beads and 40 for the bigger ones).
6) Next, how big of an area do you want to cover with crystals? For example: if I wanted a bracelet then I would need about 50-60 cm worth. Last but not least how many colours should your jewellery have? It might be best to limit how many colors you want on one piece of jewellery to make it look more like a cohesive set.
We hope this article has helped about creating beautiful pieces of handmade jewellery at home. When it comes down to it, there’s really nothing better than being able to put together something truly special from scratch and wearing those creations proudly. If you have any further inquiries or want some expert advice on picking out other supplies for your DIY project, feel free to reach back out anytime.